Explore existing community foundations in South Dakota.
South Dakota Communities Exploring existing Community Savings Accounts
A CSA enables communities to address needs in economic development, health, infrastructure, education, culture, and human services. View a list of South Dakota communities that have partnered with us below.
- Aberdeen Area Community Foundation
- Alcester Community Foundation
- Alpena Community Foundation
- Armour Community Foundation
- Avon Community Foundation
- Arlington Community Foundation
- Belle Fourche-First Interstate Greater Belle Fourche Fund
- Beresford Community Foundation
- Britton Area Foundation
- Blunt-First Dakota National Bank Blunt Area Foundation
- Bonesteel-First Fidelity Bank & Bonesteel Community Foundation
- Burke-First Fidelity Bank & Burke Community Foundation
- Canistota Community Foundation
- Centerville Foundation
- Christen Hohm Lusk Greater Huron Area Foundation
- Clark Area Foundation
- Columbia Community Foundation
- Corsica Area Foundation
- CorTrust Bank ALM Community Foundation
- Custer-First Interstate Custer Area Fund
- Day County Community Foundation
- Deuel County Community Foundation
- Doland Community Foundation
- Estelline Community Foundation
- Eureka Community Foundation
- Faith Area Community Foundation
- Fall River-First Interstate Fall River Area Fund
- Faulkton Area Foundation
- Freeman Community Foundation
- Gettysburg Area Community Foundation
- Greater Lyman Foundation
- Gregory-First Fidelity Bank & Gregory Community Foundation
- Harding County Community Foundation
- Harrisburg Community Foundation
- Hayti Community Foundation
- Herreid Community Foundation
- Highmore Area Foundation
- Hill City Area Community Foundation
- Hoven Community Foundation
- Huron Community Foundation
- Ipswich Area Foundation
- Irene Area Community Foundation
- Iroquois-Carthage Area Community Foundation
- Jones-First Fidelity Bank & Jones County Community Foundation
- Kimball Area Foundation
- Lamport Family Foundation (Marshall County)
- Langford Area Community Foundation
- Lead-Deadwood-First Interstate Lead-Deadwood Area Fund
- Lemmon Area Foundation
- Loren J. Ammann Foundation
- Martin Community Foundation
- Mellette County Community Foundation
- Menno-Olivet Community Foundation
- Midland Community Foundation
- Miller Area Foundation
- Mitchell Area Charitable Foundation
- Montrose Area Foundation
- New Underwood Area Community Foundation
- North Brown Community Foundation
- Northwestern Community Foundation
- Oacoma Chamberlain Pukwana Area Foundation
- Parker Area Community Foundation
- Parkston Area Foundation
- Philip Area Community Foundation
- Pierre/Ft. Pierre Area Community Foundation
- Platte-First Fidelity Bank & Platte Area Foundation
- Pollock Community Foundation
- Salem Area Foundation
- Schoenhard Community Foundation
- Scotland Area Foundation
- Sisseton Area Community Foundation
- Spearfish Community Foundation
- Sturgis-First Interstate Greater Sturgis Area Fund
- Sully County Community Foundation
- Tripp Area Community Foundation
- Tripp County-First Fidelity Bank & Tripp County Community Foundation
- Tyndall Community Foundation
- Vermillion Area Community Foundation
- Viborg Community Foundation
- Volga Area Community Foundation
- Wagner Area Foundation
- Wall-First Interstate Greater Wall Area
- Warner Area Community Foundation
- Wessington Community Foundation
- Wessington Springs Area Community Foundation
- Willow Lake Area Community Foundation
- Wolsey Community Foundation
- Woonsocket Community Foundation
- Yankton Area Foundation
Interested in starting a legacy for your community? Let's discuss next steps.
Have questions? Contact SDCF's Development Team
Find staff contact information below.
Jamie FarmenCommunity Development Coordinator & Marketing Manager, CFRE
Jamie has been with the South Dakota Community Foundation since 2017. Based in Pierre, she works with the Foundation's Community Savings Accounts by assisting local Advisory Councils in their efforts to create a legacy for their area. She enjoys working with donors, nonprofits and communities in reaching their philanthropic goals. Jamie also manages the Foundation's marketing efforts to increase awareness of its mission across the state.
Jamie grew up near the South Dakota Badlands on her parents’ cattle and wheat ranch. She received her bachelor’s degree in communications and marketing from the University of Wyoming.
Growing up in a rural area, she understands the importance of community to South Dakota’s citizens. Jamie is grateful to contribute to SDCF's mission of bringing philanthropy to life for a stronger South Dakota.
Patrick GallagherCommunity Development Coordinator
In March 2020, Patrick Gallagher joined the South Dakota Community Foundation (SDCF) as Community Development Coordinator for the northeast region of the state. Based in Aberdeen, he works with donors, communities, nonprofits, and financial advisors in understanding how the SDCF strengthens South Dakota, today and for future generations.
Gallagher works directly with SDCF’s regional community savings account partners, including the Aberdeen Area Community Foundation (AACF), as well as area nonprofits and individuals. In addition, his work includes a partnership with the Knight Foundation in soliciting grants for their endowment fund benefitting the Aberdeen community.
Pat grew up in Redfield and attended the University of Notre Dame. After college, he lived in the Washington, D.C. area for about 15 years and worked in educational communications and nonprofit public relations. In 1998, he returned to South Dakota to live in Aberdeen. He worked as the Development Officer for the Aberdeen Catholic School System for more than 17 years, where he assisted donors in meeting their goals of supporting the school system through estate gifts, capital gifts, scholarships, and other methods. Prior to coming to SDCF, he served as Resource Development Director for GROW South Dakota for four years, obtaining grants and other funding to support its community development mission.
Beth MassaDirector of Foundation Relations, CFRE
Beth Massa joined the South Dakota Community Foundation team in 2015. In her role as Director of Foundation Relations, she is responsible for building, managing and maintaining relationships and events in support of the SDCF’s many programs and grant initiatives. Based out of Rapid City, she brings together stakeholders throughout western South Dakota to address issues by implementing local solutions. She enjoys working with donors, professional advisors and nonprofit partners to make charitable visions a reality.
Beth grew up at Fort Meade/Sturgis and graduated from Texas Lutheran University. She is a graduate of Leadership South Dakota and earned the CFRE certification in 2019. Prior to her work with the SDCF, she held leadership positions with Lutheran Social Services of South Dakota, Native American Environmental and the McKie Automotive Group.
In addition to her responsibilities at the Foundation, she is an active community member serving on the Board of Girl Scouts Dakota Horizons, Thrivent Financial Strategy team, serves as Vice President of the SD Chapter of AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals), South Dakota Nonprofit Network, Rapid City Area Schools Community Advisory Council, and is an advisory member of SD Gives, the statewide giving day for nonprofit organizations.
She and her husband Mark have two grown sons.
Jeff VeltkampDirector of Development, MBA, CFRE, CGPA
Jeff is a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) and Certified Gift Planning Associate (CGPA). Jeff has a passion for helping donors make their charitable visions a reality. Jeff is based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and serves as the Director of Development for the South Dakota Community Foundation. In this role, he assists donors, advisors, nonprofits and communities in understanding how the South Dakota Community Foundation is bringing philanthropy to life for a stronger South Dakota.
Jeff previously worked for the University of Sioux Falls (USF) as the Executive Director of the USF Foundation and played a key role in multimillion-dollar campaigns for endowment, program and building projects. Before returning to his alma mater, Jeff spent six years as a retail manager for Murdoch’s Ranch and Home Supply in both Montana and Washington State.
Jeff grew up on a ranch in Montana and looks for any opportunity he can find to get lost in the back country on horseback. Jeff attended the University of Sioux Falls where he was part of the Cross Country and Track programs and graduated with both a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Business Administration.