Explore grant options through the SDCF.
South Dakota Community Foundation Helping Nonprofits Help Others
The South Dakota Community Foundation offers an array of grants to help state nonprofits realize their dreams and continue investing in their communities. Nonprofits may use this page to apply for grants, get information on starting an agency endowment fund for their organization, or ask us questions!
Responding to the Coronavirus
Because of the widespread effects of COVID-19, we're focusing our grant making efforts on requests dealing with the coronavirus and its impact on nonprofit organizations and those you serve.
We're working to make applying for funds as easy as possible:
- We have paused many of our usual Grantmaking Guidelines during this time.
- We will only be accepting applications in eGrant through our South Dakota Fund Grant program.
- All requests should focus on your organization's efforts to address issues brought about by the coronavirus.
- Answer each question as it relates to the impact the coronavirus is having on your organization.
- $20,000 is the maximum amount that may be requested.
- We will consider grants for general operating funds on a case-by-case basis.
We are all in this together and want to provide as much support for your organization as possible. Stay safe and thank you for all you do to strengthen our state!
Ready to get started? Apply for a Grant
South Dakota Fund Grants
SDCF's Unrestricted Grantmaking ProgramRead More
Community Innovation Grants
SDCF's partnership with the Bush FoundationRead More
Nonprofit Savings Account Challenge Grants
Creating a legacy for nonprofits in our state.Read More
If a community has a Community Savings Account (CSA) with the SDCF, nonprofits can apply for funding directly from the local CSA advisory council.Read More