Join the #SDCFGives Challenge
2020 South Dakota Day of Giving
The 2020 South Dakota Day of Giving is December 1st. This is a day dedicated to generosity, where nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organizations across the state speak up about the good they do for South Dakota and raise needed support from their communities.
“Giving Tuesday shines a spotlight on the numerous nonprofits of South Dakota and highlights the vital work they do within our communities. And by raising needed support for those nonprofits, Giving Tuesday builds a stronger South Dakota.”Stephanie Judson, President & CEO
#SDCFGives Challenge 2020
To celebrate this important day, the South Dakota Community Foundation is giving away $10,000 to our partner community savings accounts (CSAs) and one South Dakota nonprofit.
Four (4) grants of $2,000 will be drawn on the SD Day of Giving and given to partner CSAs regionally meeting challenge requirements. $1,000 will be invested in the CSA’s endowment with SDCF and $1,000 will be made spendable for the CSA to grant to local nonprofits in their next grant cycle. We will end the day with a drawing for a $2,000 grant for a South Dakota nonprofit nominated by our CSA partners.
Looking for more direction?
Watch a recorded webinar from the Oct. 8, 2020 #SDCFGives Lunch and Learn. During this webinar, you'll learn how your CSA can participate, what worked for our CSA partners in 2019 and share ideas for this year.
CSA Participation Guidelines
To enter for your chance to win, please complete each step below.
CSA will determine criteria for nomination. Nonprofit must be a verified 501 (c)(3) or the CSA will have the charitable group provide a grant acceptance policy and a grant application.
- Register your CSA with South Dakota Gives online here.
- Raise $500 in new money for your CSA by the time of your regional drawing on Tuesday, December 1st listed below. Fundraising begins October 8th, 2020.
- Publish one Facebook post including #SDCFGives and tag SDCF on or before the SD Day of Giving.
- Sample Facebook Posts:
- We partner with the @SDCommunityFoundation in creating a long term funding source for charitable causes in our community. Learn more about us here: [insert link to CSA site] #SDCFGives #ForSouthDakota.
- We partner with the @SDCommunityFoundation in creating a long term funding source for charitable causes in our community. We nominate @[insert nonprofit nominee] to be entered for the SDCF statewide drawing on the SD Day of Giving! Learn more about us here: [insert link to CSA site] #SDCFGives #ForSouthDakota
- Sample Facebook Posts:
- Contact Jamie Farmen or tag SDCF with your CSAs nomination of a nonprofit in your area to be entered for the statewide drawing on the Day of Giving. One nonprofit nominated per CSA.
- Faith Area Community Foundation
- First Interstate Bank Greater Belle Fourche Fund
- First Interstate Custer Area Fund
- First Interstate Lead Deadwood Fund
- First Interstate Fall River Fund
- First Interstate Bank Greater Sturgis Area Fund
- First Interstate Bank Greater Wall Fund
- Burke Community Foundation
- Pierre Fort Pierre Area Community Foundation
- Greater Lyman Foundation
- Miller Area Foundation
- Herreid Community Foundation
- Day Co. Community Foundation
- Sisseton Area Community Foundation
- Aberdeen Area Community Foundation
- Langford Community Foundation
- Doland Community Foundation
- North Brown Community Foundation
- Greater Clark Area Foundation
- Deuel Co. Community Foundation
- Tyndall Community Foundation
- Centerville Area Foundation
- Salem Area Foundation
- Montrose Area Foundation
2020 Challenge Results
Four (4) grants of $2,000 were given to partner CSAs regionally that met the challenge requirements and were drawn on the SD Day of Giving! $1,000 was invested in the CSA’s endowment with SDCF and $1,000 was made spendable for the CSA to grant to local nonprofits in their next grant cycle. We ended the day with one (1) $2,000 grant being awarded to a South Dakota nonprofit drawn from nonprofits nominated by our CSA partners.
- Northeast-Aberdeen Area Community Foundation
- Southeast-Salem Area Foundation
- Central-First Fidelity Burke Community Foundation
- Western-First Interstate Bank Belle Fourche Fund
- South Dakota nonprofit-City of Faith FBO Faith Public/School Library